Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wallypop/www/blvddesigns/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Wow, well, I have completed my first knitting projects - a matching scarf, hat, and mittens for me. Here is the hat, which caused the most trouble. I followed a pattern I found online, and I can’t remember which one, I’m so sorry. But it called for about 5 rows of k1p1 ribbing, and after I got the hat done, I found it just wasn’t enough. Plus, the hat kept sliding up my head because it was too tight and cone-shaped. I blocked the hat over a balloon, and that helped the sliding problem, but the ribbing still was not satisfactory. I like hats that cover all of my ears, and this hat left my lobes out in the cold.

I ended up knitting new ribbing - this time k2p2 and about 10 rows. I cut the old ribbing off the hat (scary) and then attached the new ribbing using kitchener stitch. I’m very pleased with the end result.

Knitted Hat!

Wally took this picture. The mittens are drying on the radiator this evening, and I will photograph the whole set tomorrow.